[mythtv] 0.9 Road Map Sugestion

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Fri Mar 21 22:29:14 EST 2003

Andy Davidoff wrote:
> I don't want to suggest that I'm insensitive to the issue; the problem does
> exist, but as has been illustrated here, the issue is as much psychological
> as it is technical.
>
> If you see a difference between minor releases and daily CVS snapshots, then
> you are in effect asking for developers to maintain/rollout stable releases.
>
> Otherwise, I'll host daily CVS snapshots if noone else will.  I'll even name
> them <major>.<minor> if it'd help make CVS more palatable to the masses.  I
> won't be providing binary builds though, and that's how I'd define "release".

I'm not sure that will solve the problem.  Those of us that are saying
it would be nice to have more releases are too lazy to do the CVS thing.
  And like someone said, people wont run anything is beta.

Tarring it may work, but then you would have the problem of the docs not
being in synch with your tarball.

-rac