[mythtv] more 0.8 bugs

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 11:23:10 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 02:02:35AM -0600, John David Garza wrote:

> I've been using 0.8 now since Sunday evening, looks good, i really like
> the gui-setup compared to the 0.7 setup.  I've ran into a couple of
> small bugs tho...
>
> 1.  Changing default/live tv resolution doesn't actually update the
> values in the codecparams table.

That dialog is a wizard, so you must go all the way to the end and Finish it
in order for the changes to take effect.  Did you do this?

Also, you must adjust the resolution using the arrow keys, not by entering
numbers directly.  I thought we fixed it to disallow direct entry for this
reason, but I can't check right now.

> 2.  This one is a mythWeb bug.  Looks like the size of the number used
> to display a recorded program's size is too small, when it gets to big
> it's reported incorrectly (like past 3 GB big).

This is a known (minor) bug, caused by a limitation in php itself.  Its
integer data type is 32 bits signed, so sizes larger than 2^31 bits (about
2G) will not be reported correctly.

--
 - mdz