[mythtv] Capture Card Resolution -- was: Re: [mythtv-users] 2 Capture card questions

Wed Mar 19 11:24:02 EST 2003

> > Brian Foddy wrote:
> >> 2nd question...
> >> There are several specs I've seen that the same WinTV series
> >> only has capture resolution of 320x240.  I can't say I know
> >> for a fact if this is correct in Linux or not.  Does anyone know
> >> for sure.  I know I can set myth higher, but is the card really
> >> giving the higher resolution?
> >
> > I was under the impression that *all* bt878 cards could capture at
> > 720x480, given a proper set of drivers.

They may be able to capture higher, but as of myth 0.8, myth can't capture 720x576 for PAL full resolution.  (Or in fact 780x576 as stated in some docs?)

It seems that the "height" box (in setup screen) is limited to a max of 480 only.  I assume that if I dig into the DB and change the setting manually, myth will record at the higher resolution ok? (obviously subject to CPU..)

Thanks