[mythtv] Re: Adding DVB-T support to MythTV

matt.jarvis at philips.com matt.jarvis at philips.com
Tue Mar 18 17:19:36 EST 2003

Yep, I think MJPeg tools would definitely do the conversion to various
different video formats, while ts2ps would demultiplex the initial
transport stream. The only problem then is to get this stream into a
virtual v4l interface ( if indeed this is possible ). I did look around on
the web to try and find out if it's possible to pipe a stream in this way
but couldn't find anything referring to similar stuff - if anyone knows
how to do this I will certainly test it out. I would also imagine there
would be timing and synchronising issues.

As I said in my previous mail the channel changing would require a script
and a config file. The config file lists the channel frequencies on the
dvb signal, and cross references them to the mythtv epg. This would need
to be filled somehow by tv_grab_uk, or perhaps generated automatically by
another script. The channel change script would then convert the mythtv
channels to the correct frequency and call dvbtune.

However, even on the initial feedback to this post it certainly looks like
there is some interest so here's hoping someone picks this up and runs
with it. I'm available for testing, documentation and other non-programmer
type stuff .....

Matt Jarvis