[mythtv] Some simple problems on getting a system running

Malcolm Wotton malcolmwotton at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 22:25:37 EST 2003

Ok,

Everyone's been kind enough to help so far and I now have a myth system that
starts up. I also have some problems that I'd love to solve: In no
particular order.

1) My mandrake system doesn't start mysql on boot even though it is
configured to do so. Anyone know the fix to this problem?

2) I can't find anywhere the documentation on how to control the system.
Random hitting of keys showed me that 's' is pause 'a' is rewind etc.
However is there documentation for this anywhere? Can I record as I watch
even if I don't go to the EPG? Are there other hot keys? I'm sure this is
very simple, and I've just not found the right document yet.

3) I seem to have subtitles all over my programs, I'm not deaf so I don't
need them, how do I turn them off.

4) I seem to have sent the brightness down to zero by hitting random
controls, and I can't find a way to get it back.

5) Finally how should I configure the EPG so every channel tunes in to the
same frequency (as I have a set top box that provides the signal on a single
channel)

Thanks for the help so far

BTW I'm not very techie, but I'm happy to write up this sort of stuff as
FAQ's for the project as part of my contribution :) Let me know if you want
that sort of help.

Malcolm