[mythtv] Scheduler bug

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Mar 16 15:00:20 EST 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 05:29 am, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>I assume that either "RemoveRecording(nextRecording)" fails
>>to remove the item from "recordingList" or something else
>>re-adds it after it had been removed.
>

> Those are the only reasons I can think of for it to be doing that as well.  I
> don't see anything jumping out at me that would cause this, though..

After recording 43 show overnight, this didn't happen again.
Each one reached recordingList.erase(i) .

I looked through the mysql logs. At 23:30:02, SNL was INSERTed
into recorded and oldrecorded so if the scheduler ran again,
shouldn't it have noticed that it was already recording?
A check to see if the chanid and starttime match those of the
busy encoders would force a fix but that doesn't address why
this happens in the first place.

The showing of SNL had an entry in conflictresolutionsingle
but there were no conflictresolution* entries for the
basketball game or Letterman that were double recorded.

I guess for now this is an infrequent known bug :-(.

--  bjm