[mythtv] position/cutlist not updating

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Fri Mar 14 03:02:11 EST 2003

Hi...

I have one program in my playlist that I cannot get to
"save position" or enter "edit mode" during playback.
I looked thru the database for some reason for this and
found that the cutlist field was NULL for that recording.
Changing it to an empty string like the other shows that
were not edited did not help, tho, so this is probably
unrelated (I just reasoned that the other shows probably
had a NULL cutlist, too, until I entered edit mode on
them, even tho I didn't make any edits).

After scratching my head a bit, I came up with the one
difference in that show over the others.  I had marked the
show for recording about a minute after the actual show
had started.  All the rest were pre-scheduled recordings.

My guess is that the length of the recording doesn't match
the expected length (not enough total frames), so mythtv is
being paranoid and not doing any database updates based on
positioning.

>From checking the database logs, mythtv doesn't even attempt
to update the database for this one show (I saw it do the
update for other shows), so there's no error when trying
to update it.

Any thoughts?

-Chris