[mythtv] Querying a MythBackend...

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Thu Mar 13 19:27:51 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:03:02 -0500
Dan Man <danman at dtconnect.com> wrote:

> My only public web server that can access my MythTV machines is a
> Windows box. I'm working on creating an object that can query the Myth
> boxen in a fashion similar to MythWeb. (I can not install PHP on this
> server). I've written the code to do TCP communications, for instance I
> can connect to a web server and retrieve a web page. Now I'm trying to
> understand the syntax of communicating with a Myth box. Looking at
> MythWeb I'm looking up the MasterServerIP and MasterServerPort and
> connecting to it successfully, but my queries never return.

I think you're making this overly complicated...
You can relatively easily setup apache2 + php on a windows computer It'd give you two web servers on the same comp, no problem with that as long as you bind them to different ports).  Php on IIS is easy, the php installer does all the set up for you (or so the PHP people say). You don't even need admin priviledges to do it, it'll just run as your user. You could then modify settings.php to point to your mythbox's IP (for the mysql connection), and be all set.

You're trying to rewrite lots of things here, why not go the simple way?

I can help you set it up offlist if you want to =)

Pete