[mythtv] Segfault or 'Delaying to next trigger'

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Thu Mar 13 08:44:51 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:12:08PM -0600, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:26:16 -0500, "Matt Zimmerman mdz-at-debian.org
> <n4n4hbjjnh0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > > On a completely side note, would it be possible to load liblame with
> > > libdl?  That should allow libmp3lame to be optional, and would lilkely let
> > > mythTv enter debian proper (perhaps with .ogg as the alternate format)
> >
> > Not until the libavcodec question is resolved.
> Does nuppelvideo have this problem too, or is it just the mpeg4 codec?
> having debs is very convenient, consdiering all the dependancies of
> mythtv.

There are already debs; having official debs in the Debian archive is a
different matter.  Currently, there are no MPEG encoders in Debian.
I do not know the patent status of the RTjpeg codec.

> Unfortunately the debs you host seem to conflict with KDE3.1 (at least on
> my system), which mandates using the src-debs (which build fine against
> the qt3c102 libs, with just minor tweaking).  Of course, I then get a
> segfault while parsing XMLTV outut in mythfilldatabase (which, along with
> this other problem, is why I went with CVS)

There are woody debs and unstable debs.  If you are using KDE3.1, you must
be using unstable, so use the unstable debs which are built against the c102
libs.

--
 - mdz