[mythtv] seek failure in WatchingRecording

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 13 00:29:52 EST 2003

>         However, I noticed a problem in something I haven't tried
> before -- while watching the second of back-to-back recordings (in
> WatchingRecording, not WatchingPreRecorded), doing a non-sticky
> forward jump causes about a 5 sec. pause followed by the player
> exiting back to the menu.  There are no messages other than the
> transition to None (and to RecordingOnly on the backend).  Maybe it's
> unable to do a seek?  Anyway, it's not too bad because the backend is
> still recording so nothing is lost.

        Here's a little more information about this.  It doesn't have
to be back-to-back recordings -- I can usually reproduce this by:

- watch live TV
- start recording using EPG (-> WatchingRecording)
- pause
- unpause
- fast-forward (non-sticky, 30 secs)

I added some printfs to NuppelVideoPlayer::GetFrame to dump
frameheader frametype, timecode, and packetlength at the two places
where frameheaders are read.  It looks like it gets lost in the loop
starting at line 1131 (where it's seeking backwards for a valid
frametype?).  The previous headers look like this:

V 11347 21359
V 11383 11256
V 11414 8845

then they turn to garbage values:

£ 1513547089 2040270859
£ 1513547089 2040270859
é 190461669 -528901104
ÿ 269179446 1457551772

This goes on for a long time until it accidentally sees a valid
frametype:

V -1687524168 238080240

This triggers eof a few lines later because of the invalid
packetlength, which stops the player.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net