[mythtv] Overlapping recordings scheduler bug

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Mar 11 19:09:14 EST 2003

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 04:46 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> FillRecordLists() does not seem to account for tuners that
> are occupied with recordings in progress. When a recording
> is started by StartRecording() followed by RemoveRecording(),
> the scheduler no longer knows that the input is unavailable
> until the endtime of that recording.
>
> I saw this with four tuners and four overlapping shows. A
> and B started at 2:05, C at 2:07 and D at 2:15. Before 2:05
> they were assigned to inputs A=1, B=2, C=3 and D=4. At 2:05
> A and B started recording. However, the scheduler reran and
> assigned C=1, D=2. At 2:07 C failed to record because tuner
> 1 was busy and at 2:15 D failed to record.
>
> An easier way to see this is to go to the EPG with no current
> recordings. Press "r" to start a recording in progress (call
> it A) on tuner 1. Press "r" on another show (B). It is
> assigned to tuner 1, fails to record and shows up on the "Fix
> Scheduling Conflicts" page. Press "r" on C. B=1, C=2. Tuner 2
> is available so C records. B is still on the conflict list.
> A and C are marked in red on the "Watch Recordings" list.

Can you test out current CVS and see if that works for you?  I believe it
should do the correct thing wrt this issue most of the time now..  and I
believe I didn't break anything in the process, either =)

Actually, could you also test deleting an in-progress recording on a slave
backend?  I had to modify the protocol there, and while I'm fairly certain
it'll work, I'm not quite sure..  The machine I'm using as a slave backend is
otherwise occupied at the moment..

Isaac