[mythtv] Gentoo CVS ebuild

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Tue Mar 11 07:43:01 EST 2003

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 01.52, Bruce C. Dillahunty wrote:
> I hope this is the right place, and that this might be useful to
> somebody.

I'm sure they will be, had a few people request it in the past.

> I have taken Tony Clark's excellent mythtv ebuild for Gentoo and
> modified it to pull from the latest CVS... for those of us that like to
> stay on the bleeding edge, and use Gentoo, it might find it of use...

I didn't write the original, just modified it a bit here and there and kept
stuff up to date.

> I also updated (well, renamed and it worked) the xmltv ebuild to the
> newest version... now that all the rest of the ebuilds that Tony had to
> put together are in the main portage tree, these are the only two that
> are needed.

It's in the downloadable local portage tree as of the weekend I think.  Sorry
it took a while that one.  I didn't realise all the perl dependencies where
in Portage now.  Thats good news.  The problem ebuild is xmltv as you can't
have manual intevention when building programs ( configuration is ok) and I
can't see any easy way around the problem.

> Put these files in /usr/local/portage (or wherever) and modify your
> /etc/make.conf to have:
>
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
>
> Then you can:
>
> emerge mythtv-cvs
>
> and you should get the latest stuff...
>
> Given its small size, I'm just attaching it... again, sorry if that's
> wrong... let me know if you see a problem with these... I'm not exactly
> used to doing this.

Maybe best if it is added to the downloadable source tree.  Will have to check
if it is ok.

> Again, thanks to Tony for most all the work!

NP

tony
--
Contract ASIC and FPGA design.