[mythtv] Segfault or 'Delaying to next trigger'

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 10 23:07:20 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:12:08 -0600, "Geoffrey Hausheer
ou401cru02-at-sneakemail.com |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<augnhbjjcq0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:26:16 -0500, "Matt Zimmerman mdz-at-debian.org
> |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <n4n4hbjjnh0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > All of the symptoms that you posted have to do with sound, so that would
> > be
> > the obvious way to troubleshoot it.  Go to your local hamfest or computer
> > show and pick up a sound blaster PCI; it should be almost free and will
> > sound better and work better than your onboard audio.
> Well, I set the audiodevice to /dev/null, and mythtv is no longer
> segfaulting, so I guess this agrees with your analysis that it is the
> audio card (or drivers).  So I guess I'll go buy a cheap sound card, and
> hopefully this will fix my problems.
Okay, it appears I was wrong.  I got  a Soundblaster 16 PCI, and hooked
it up.  I haven't seen any segfaults yet, so perhaps that problem is
fixed.  however, mythTV still locks up within 5 secs or so, and I still
get the other problem "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost" scrolling
all over the place.

Note even using /dev/null as the audio input (where I don't get  these
Audio buffer overflow problems), it locks up the same way, so it appears
that  the video capture is causing my problems.  Any ideas how I might go
about debugging THAT?

When watching the video, it starts playing normally, then freezes, and
keeps showing a couple frames over and over again.  The only way I've
found to reset it is to bring up xawtv.

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer