[mythtv] MythVCD/DVD (was: I've got MythTV - CVS up and running. I'm ready to contribute features!)

Colin Panisset mythtv at clabber.com
Mon Mar 10 17:53:54 EST 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 17:21, Nathan Ziarek spake thus:
> I am not entirely sure I know what you are talking about, but here goes
> :) :
>
> Search through the archives for Matt's mPlayer patch. With that I thought
> you could rencode the nuv files to whatever you wanted with synced audio.

Well, that's what I'm using to play back the nuv files, and to re-encode --
but the audio isn't synced, because the video runs too fast!

The funny thing is, mplayer quite clearly recognises the frame rate in the
nuv file as 29.97 (NTSC), which is correct. And an empirical measure of the
soundtrack (tapping out the theme beats into xBPM then comparing to a known
good synced version) suggests to me that the audio track is playing at the
correct speed.

And yes, playing the track from within myth gets the audio and video at the
correct rates.

  -- C.