[mythtv] Backtrace on Segmentation Fault

Richard Dault maxpower2000 at rogers.com
Mon Mar 10 11:06:37 EST 2003

I also got this error, and found the problem.  It is fixed in 0.8.

The problem is that some of your listings have no end timestamp (look at
news or hockey games as an example).

To fix it, in the function fromXMLTVDate() in filedata.cpp, change the
following:

if (text == QString::null)
    return dt;

if (text == QString::null || text == "" )
    return dt;

Although this isn't really a good fix because you won't have an end time
for this programme, it will at least prevent the seg fault.  You will also
get an error when it tries to populate the database because the end time
isn't valid, so the record won't be added, but all the other listings will
still work.  So this will at least get you running for now.

The ideal fix is in 0.8.

BTW, you'll get more information from the trace if you do a debug build.