[mythtv] A Story....

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Tue Mar 11 00:42:25 EST 2003

So I get home from work tonight and the Missus says that our 3 yr old
was playing with the VCR (ya know one of those pre myth things) and that
it was no longer playing tapes.

Sure enough when I have a look at it its fubar'd.

It's the missus's night to go play netball (kinda like basketball) and
"her" show is on, can I please fix it before and tape her show.

Side Note: She's seen me playing with Myth in my office, but didn't
really know what it was.

So, she leaves, I have a quick look at the vcr and then go get the Myth
box, rip out her computer next to the tv in the lounge and setup the
Myth box.

She gets home half way through her show, I get asked 1 question, "Did
you fix it?" "Nope", stony silence and the glazed look comes over her
face as she flicks the channel and starts watching her show.

At the end of her show she notices that her computer is gone and one of
my computers is in the lounge (The big loud one that she hates), "Whats
that doing in here?!?!"

(Stupid grin on my face, walk over, flick the tv to the video input, hit
play in Myth)

"You taped it on the computer!" (smiles and then the eyes glaze over as
she watches the first half of her show)

MORAL of the story: Sometimes when things fubar its a _GOOD_ thing!

The Myth box is now firmly stuck in the lounge room, but I have a couple
of problems:

How the h*ll do I convince her that I really do need my 21 inch monitor
in the lounge?

Now I've got to copy all the home video's onto the Mythbox, any
volunteers to add a nice setup to Mythvideo to do this easily? (it's
beyond me atm - I know I can do it with other tools, but it would be
cool in Myth)

:D
--
Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz>