[mythtv] Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability [Possible Breakthrough]

oldendic at mailbox.sc.edu oldendic at mailbox.sc.edu
Tue Mar 4 15:25:49 EST 2003

Here's what works for me:

With the patched mplayer, do the following:

mencoder input.nuv -oac copy -ovc copy -o tmp.avi
mencoder -ffourcc XVID -forceidx tmp.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -o
output.avi
rm tmp.avi

The second line builds an index so that seeking is possible.  For some
reason it doesn't work if you try to do that in the first step, I think
it needs to be an avi before it can build the index.  Friends of mine
who use windows say they can play these back using videolan client.
Media player doesn't seem to work, I'm not sure why.

Greg