[mythtv] Re: PATCH: mythfilldatabase v1.43 -- arbitrary end times

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Mon Mar 3 14:26:43 EST 2003

Yes, but at some point we will be submitting data for the furthest
day in the future for which we are retrieving listings.  At that point,
we will have to insert records for which we do not know the endtimes.
When we run mythfilldatabase again a day later, we'll need to retrieve
those records as we'll be scanning the next day in the future, and will
then be capable of applying the endtimes to the records (1 per channel)
that we left unfinished in the DB the day before.

...or am I missing something?

PS.  The use of fields which may be NULL (variable length records)
     contributes to poor performance of the DB and should, IMO, be
     removed whereever possible.

PPS. The timestamp column may be assigned a NULL value, which is
     "shorthand" for CURDATE(), but is not NULL despite `show fields`.

#if Isaac Richards /* Mar 03, 13:52 */
#endif /* ijr at po.cwru.edu */