[mythtv] First patch for runtime configurable keybindings

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 3 08:31:49 EST 2003

Hi Isaac & All,

Finally some results from an idea started many weeks ago :-)

This patch introduces the basics for runtime configurable keybindings. I
must make some remarks here, and are curious for any testresults:

1) I revamped the output class into a QWidget-aware thing. I blew xinerama
support for now, but AFAIK the QT-lib is xinerama-aware, so maybe it still
works. Just tell me what happens, I don't have xinerama working here even
though I run a G400DH. If it is broken perhaps somebody else could pick up
some original pieces and re-insert them, or just complain and I'll try to
install xinerama. I'm rather certain PIP isn't working as well, but that
should be trivial if somebody could tell me where it breaks.

2) No setup module is present yet, if you look in the source you can see
how the settings are called in the database (Key_%1_%2 where %1=context and
%2=function), this patch should be totally transparent as the default
keybindings are equal to Isaacs.

3) Only the TV and EPG module are patched, to show both normal keycode-test
bindings and QT-accelarator support, if this is accepted the rest will follow.

4) I'd like to have this framework in CVS before adding a setup module and
adding keysupport to more
modules, I get tired of manually solving all update-conflicts ;-(

5) There is still some debug-output, I will remove it in a near future patch.

PS: the file keymap.cpp and keymap.h are for libmyth, I made the patch from
cvs but have no idea how to tell cvs diff to selectively include extra
files in the patch.

Enjoy,
Erik