[mythtv] Myth .nuv * format portability

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 18:04:18 EST 2003

Matt Zimmerman <mdz at debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 02:06:24PM -0500, Thor Johnson wrote:
> > After I apply the patch, can the Mplayer suite understand
> > all the different codecs in Myth?  I'm using rtjpeg (Mpg4
> > was stuttery on me), and Mplayer doesn't seem to be able
> > to make it out.
> It only works for MPEG-4, because that is what I use exclusively, so it is
> all that I have tested.  It should be easy to modify it to understand
> MythTV's RTjpeg.

When I tried using the patch for mplayer I could only get audio with
rtjpeg.  Some investigation showed that the frame parsing made an
invalid assumption (the information about the data format wasn't being
seen by the rtjpeg decoder).  I fixed this but still I got no video.

I sent Matt an update to the patch but I haven't checked that it was
included in the one for download.

Perhaps another set of eyes investigating the problem can find what is
going wrong.

Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk