[mythtv] Commercial flagging during record (was "tv_grab_uk

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 1 01:38:35 EST 2003

Myth can't lose track of whether it's in a commercial or content since it
always knows what frame it's on (framesPlayed) and it will have the
commercial break/skip list which contains the commercial starts and ends.

If the next marker is a commercial start then we're in content.  If the
next marker is a commercial end then we're in a commercial.  Probabl not
easy to explain without having to explain the code too indepth.

> If Myth somehow loses track of whether it is playing content or a commercial,
> the Z-skips-to-next-content could do the wrong thing.  It therefor makes
> sense to have 'Z' always skip to the next delimiter, be it commercial or
> content.  You essentially confirm this in your comment regarding ffwd/rew...
>

> #if Chris Pinkham /* Mar 01, 00:16 */
> > Yes, it allows you to hit 'Z' during any part of the commercial.  Hitting
> > 'Z' during a non-commercial should do nothing right now but I'm not sure
> > if that behaviour should be modified to jump to the next commercial or end
> > of commercial.
> #endif /* cpinkham at bc2va.org */

Chris