[mythtv] expanding the recorded table?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sat Jun 28 09:15:02 EDT 2003

> Exists, table oldrecorded. By default, it won't re-record those. Read
> back on the list for an option to re-record.

Sorry I should have been more clear... I meant to include "that works".

The current system is dependent on a perfect alignment of the stars:
matching title, subtitle, and description. I'm using tv_grab_na and well, to
describe how often this happens as "infrequent" is being generous.

Even with perfect information there is something weird going on, just last
night Myth recorded:

"Kim Possible" "Low Budget" "Kim battles Frugal Lucre, the World's cheapest
villain."

First recorded at 6:30 PM, and then again at 10:00 PM on Disney.

Most of my complaints aren't really MythTV specific, they are crappy guide
data related, still I'm going to dig around and try to track down why some
shows, which should match, don't (I'm just afraid it will have something to
do with multi-cards).

Imagine how much simpler things would be with a reliable "original airdate"
then you'd only have to worry about subtitle/description matches in the rare
case where 1) no original airdate was known 2) two "new" shows aired on the
same day.

--
Anduin Withers