[mythtv] (no subject)

Neil Trodden cannon.trodder at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 25 01:24:50 EDT 2003

I've had a few ideas about myth and wondered if anyone could comment on the
feasibility or even just indicate if they concur or not.

1 When I hit 'I' during live tv, I get the osd for 3 seconds before fading.
If I haven't read the osd before it starts fading, and I hit 'I' again, it
doesn't reset the counter and starts fading immediately. If I hold I, it
flickers. I'll be installing IR soon and thought this cause unnecessary
battery/eye wear! Can the counter be reset during fading?

2 I think this is a big piece of work and there may be more implications
than I am aware off but I was thinking about always recording into the live
tv ringbuffer, even when browsing the menus. Say you listen to some music
for a half-hour and check the tv, it would be *really* handy if your 1 gig
ringbuffer had the last hour of a program you just tuned into 10 minutes
before the end. Any scheduled recording could override the livetv without
prompting..?

3 My input source provides a widescreen picture. I have tweaked the
settings to display this in the correct ratio but I get the blue background
pic at the top and bottom of the screen. Is it possible to set this to
black to reduce contrast against the tv picture? The blue graphic looks
fantastic elsewhere but the option to disable the background image of the
theme during playback would be a nice-to-have.

I'm just interested in other peoples opinions on these ideas really, I
might have a play around with 1 and 3 as they look like nice projects for a
novice like me.

--

Neil Trodden