[mythtv] mythmusic and mp3 encoder?

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Jun 24 03:30:36 EDT 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 01:11 am, Tom LeRoux wrote:
> that's nice (read the comments in that article, btw).  And if I said I
> prefer the sound of MP3 to Vorbis, would you say that my tastes were
> incorrect?
>
> I'm not going to add fuel to the fire.  People have preferences, and if you
> choose to ignore them, then they'll ignore you (or, in this case,
> mythmusic).
>
> Is MythTV catering to the masses, or to the OSS zealot?  Hopefully
> somewhere in between.

	It's catering to OSS zealots, at least to the extent that you have to be
enough of a zealot to contribute code if you are asking for something to
change.

	Doesn't even have to be polished code. I worked up mp3 scanning
with a small set of hints from someone who had taken the time to figure out
what was involved and send along the barest of patches.

- thor