[mythtv] OSD and ivtv (aka pvr-?50 series cards)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Jun 21 18:46:17 EDT 2003

On Saturday 21 June 2003 01:17 pm, kevin thayer wrote:
> > Easiest thing from a mythtv perspective will be
> > to make the card act as a generic framebuffer
> > device -- from there, it should be pretty easy
> > to just recompile mythtv against qt/embedded
> > and run the UI from that.
>
> Yeah, that's an option, i'm just not sure how well the
> card will take to that.. I don't think that's even
> close to the design :)

Well, wouldn't providing a buffer to write to that gets sent to the card as
the "osd" to display at full opacity go a long way towards this?

> I thought it was strange that you got one (given your
> aversion to the concept ;).. that explains it. I'll
> try and get the output stuff going soon, especially
> since the 350 is currently the ONLY tv-out solution i
> have available to me :)

Naw, I bought the -250 I have on my own, originally.  Figured I'd have to
support em eventually, and figured it'd be best to do it myself if I wanted
things done right =)

Isaac