[mythtv] final PATCH - new App for Manual Recording

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Fri Jun 20 23:05:05 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hurliman" <jhurliman at myrealbox.com>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] final PATCH - new App for Manual Recording

> Leandro Dardini wrote:
>

> >I found that the old manual recording very usefull when converting old
VHS
> >to divx... so I vote to take both "manual" and "instant"
> >recording/scheduling.
> >Maybe I find in the old "manual recording" very annoying the need to
press
> >"TAB" for exiting from the tv box. Maybe we can make a ComboBox to choose
> >the channel and turn off the focus on the tv box.
> >
> >Leandro
>
> I was about to submit this as a bug, that the manual recording screen
> couldn't be controlled correctly using only a remote. This seems like
> the proper solution, is anyone else already working on it or should I
> put it on my TODO?
>
> jph

The problem is not trivial. The only way to change channel is to send the
number of the channel as keystroke and then send the enter keystroke. Look
in my tunebox.cpp as I did it. A timeout on the combobox let you decide the
channel to tune.
Now I am a bit busy with my family and work, feel free to work on it.

Leandro