[mythtv] PATCH: mythweb - add db_open retries

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 19 15:32:19 EDT 2003

> 	For some reason, my DB server fails to accept about 1 out of
> every 100 access attempts, which generates an error in mythweb
> (obviously). This simple patch adds a bit of robustness to db_open.php.

you might also try mysql_pconnect() instead of mysql_connect() - this
will keep a database connection open between page loads and ease a lot
of stress on the db server.

If you try this (without your patch) and still have issues connecting,
I'll see what I can do to get the retry stuff put into the new mythweb.

-Chris