[mythtv] mythmkmovie 0.9

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Thu Jun 12 00:08:06 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 07:45:44PM -0400, bdillahu at peachbush.com wrote:
> I've used your great script several times and had one question... how hard
> do you think it would be to have it output other formats than divx... I've
> been burning stuff to SVCD, and my setup seems to require that I wind up with
> a MPEG file, and I haven't been able to find a way to get from divx to MPEG
> (of course I'm probably just missing the obvious).

Thank you. Turning it into an SVCD file wouldn't be very difficult, I
don't think, though it would involve modifications in many areas of the
program.

Major ones that come to mind:
1) Adding config options to output to SVCD (should be settable as
default, and on a per-file basis).
2) Modifying makesegments and makevideo to give the right parameters to
mencoder for output to SVCD.
3) Testing (and re-testing) the genbframes routine with the new output.
That was one of the hardest parts of the code to get right.

In short, it wouldn't be easy. In fact, it might require a complete
overhaul of the code, but it could be done. As to whether or not it's
worth it, well, that's a whole different argument :)

> I have a script that works for me, but it doesn't honor cutlists, etc., which
> you do so well...

Dunno that I do them well, but I do manage to do them adequately. Thank
you, though.

Sorry if this reply seems off somehow. It's getting kinda late, and I'm
kinda sleepy. Most definitely gotta get to bed.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net