[mythtv] segfault in mythmusic

Mark Jacob mjacob1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 11 11:12:21 EDT 2003

thor wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2003 07:11 am, Mark Jacob wrote:
>
>>I've finally found some time to get the latest cvs, and try my hand at
>>getting mythmusic working. I compiled mythmusic without fftw, opengl, or
>>sdl support.
>

> 	Any particular reason for excluding these?

No particular reason... I had the same problems with cvs from last week
and I broke my machine trying to get gdb working properly. I wanted to
get a build up and running so I skipped the optional dependencies.

> 	Just out of curiosity, how long did this take (the code to skip over mp3
> files if they look like CBR is fairly new, and I want to know of it's working
> well)?

Sorry... I started the scan and switched my displays back to my TiVo.
All I can say for certain is that it took less than 45 minutes for 16GB.
Running cvs from last week my full 123GB collection took roughly 2 hours.

>>In about 10-15 seconds mythmusic segfaults. Below is the gdb output. I
>>can repro this 100% of the time, so if you need more info let me know.
>>

> 	Can't make heads or tails of the gdb output ... If you had everything
> compiled for debugging that might help.

I have "CONFIG += debug" in the settings.pro both mythmusic and mythtv.
I also ran mythmusic in gdb according to the instructions in the HOWTO.
Is there something else I need to do? Build up debug versions of QT?
I'll double check all my settings later tonite, and send in some more
output.

Mark