[mythtv] What is the recordedmarkup table for?

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:37:36 EDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, "Chris Pinkham cpinkham-at-bc2va.org
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <nc8phcq8iz0t at sneakemail.com> said:
>> So my proposal is:

>> During transcoding whne not using the cutlist, all entries in the
>> recordedmarkup of types 3-5 will be added to the new table with their
>> offsets corrected.

> Not sure about this. If you're transcoding frame-by-frame and not
> cutting anything out then the commercial break start/end list should be
> identical and won't need modifying. The blank frame map is the same.
> These don't use keyframes, they are exact frame numbers so as long
> as you reencode every frame then you don't need to touch the 3-5
> records. Record types 3-5 don't have file offsets, just frame numbers.

Is this on absolute frames, or video frames?  If the 3-5 types are based
on th number of video frames, then this really simplifies the problem (no
need for the extra table at all until mpeg2 encoding is supported).  If
they are based on total # of frames, it is not so easy, since there is no
gaurantee that we'll build the same number of audio + sync frames as the
original had (we do gaurantee a 1:1 mapping of video frames though).  A
quick look shows it is based on framesPlayed, which I believe is the
number of video-frames, so it should work fine.

Thanks!
.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer