[mythtv] MythTV hanging with PVR 250

Anthony Moulen ajmoulen at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 9 20:32:36 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have been having a problem with MythTV hanging on me.  The timing seems
somewhat random but it seems to stem from the live buffer being built.  The
problem is that the entire box hangs completely and I have to hard reset it.
Pulling video and audio with mplayer direct from the card (mplayer
/dev/video0) doesn't cause this hang to occur.

I am guessing the problem may stem from a bad IDE controller on the box.
Mplayer doesn't use the harddrive so it wouldn't run into this problem.  Is
there a way to turn off MythTV's buffer all together to just use it as a
tuner and tell me about what is on?  At least this will let me trouble shoot
if it is just the live buffer or a deeper problem.