[mythtv] handling database structural changes

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 7 09:51:43 EDT 2003

re: the changes that you've committed..  I've just recently started
digging into the src, so I could be mistaken, but...

it would probably be good to rename the 'dbschemaversion' var to
something that specifies 'mythtv'.  The reason that I say this is
because the other myth 'components' (music, video, etc) also create
tables in mythconverg that could benefit from a version number.
However, I don't think we want mythvideo versions tied to a file in the
mythtv cvs that contains the hardcoded version number (in other words,
as it currently stands, everytime someone changes the mythvideo table,
they will have to remember to go and change something in the mythtv cvs
tree.)  Would be better for mythvideo to keep track of its own.  So, each
component would have its own row in 'settings' that would tell it what
version of the db IT was on.

Just my thoughts..