[mythtv] Mythtv recording: machine freezes totally

cafeschintze cafeschintze at gmx.net
Fri Jun 6 11:12:21 EDT 2003

Thursday, June 5, 2003, 11:34:37 PM, Chad wrote:

> I'm having the same problem, intermittently. System:

> Mandrake 9.1
> Athlon XP 2600
> ASUS A7V8X-X
> Dual tuner: TV-Wonder + PVR-250

> Latest cvs of mythtv, ivtv (as of Thursday 6/5 afternoon).

> I've had this happen a couple of times over the last two days. It never
> happened before that (though I've only been going for about a week now).

> I get a hard freeze, can't even ssh in (or ping, for that matter). I suspect
> it might be the ivtv drivers, but I'm not sure because when the system
> freezes, there's nothing in any of the logs to indicate what the problem is.

I don't have the ivtv-drivers, so it's not that.

My config is:
Debian unstable
ECS K7S5A
Athlon XP 1800
onbard ide channels
Mythtv-HD is hdb1, a 80GB Maxtor with ext2.
TV-Tuner is kncone with bt848

I have had a setup that was working without crashed for over two
months. It was a cvs release from around 0.8. Then the builtin
mythtranscoder thing tempted me and I eventually switched to the
current cvs.

As I mentioned in a mail earlier, I was trying to switch back to the
latest release that is working on my system. This way, I thought, we
might find out, which cvs change is making trouble on some systems.
The problem now is that I can't switch back any more. Each time, I try
to compile a cvs - say from 03/17/03 - it stops compiling with this
error:

---cut---

g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O6 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations `freetype-config --cflags` -D_REENTRANT  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DMMX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I../../../../../include -I../libmyth -I.. -I/usr/share/qt3/include -o NuppelVideoPlayer.o NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp: In member function `void
   NuppelVideoPlayer::HandleSelect()':
NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp:2905: error: call of overloaded `llabs(long long int)' is
   ambiguous
/usr/include/stdlib.h:746: error: candidates are: long long int llabs(long long
   int)
/usr/include/c++/3.3/cstdlib:152: error:                 long long int
   __gnu_cxx::llabs(long long int)
make[2]: *** [NuppelVideoPlayer.o] error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mythtv/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] error 2

---cut---

Since the time I have successfully compiled a 0.8 release and now I
have done several system updates.

I was able to compile a version from the middle of may -> Total
freeze during recording.

The latest cvs has a mythfrontend that won't start on my system. It
says: "unknown element uparrow". It might also be my fault. I am still
trying out.

--
Best regards,
 cafeschintze                            mailto:cafeschintze at gmx.net