[mythtv] changes to conflict resolution

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Thu Jun 5 02:14:47 EDT 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>This seems exactly like the bug I encountered when I was testing my patch to
>allow selective ignoring of duplicates.

actually, looking at this code made me realize something else i'd like
to see included in any duplicate handling enhancements.  i can do the
work for it, but i want to throw it out to see what people think.

some shows i want to record (most notably, shows for my child to watch)
do not have a description in them.  they do have a valid title and
subtitle though.  but the lack of description means that they will
_always_ be considered new shows and recorded as such.  this makes
sense, rather err on the side of caution.

however, i'd like to see a 'sloppy match' option for recordings that
just matched on title and subtitle.  i have noticed some other programs
i have recorded that also don't have a valid description, so i think it
could be useful for more than just me.  some of my kids shows record 3
or 4 episodes a day, that up to 8.5GB used up, which i just have to go
and delete.  aside from it poluting my oldrecorded table.

thoughts?

    CraigL->Thx();