[mythtv] Re: MythChannels question

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Thu Jul 31 22:02:34 EDT 2003

Hopefully yes: 2 ways for doing so:

Manually:
You can enter the closest channel of your frequency, and the finetune. You
just makes me think that I'm displaying channel ids and not in its
equivalent to frequencies, do you think that it will be useful? In the
meantime, if you don't know howto map channels to frequencies, take a look
at mythtv/libs/libmythtv/frequencies.h/frequencies.c, you'll get the
equivalent channel to your frequency. Note that you should divide your
frequency value per 1,000 to reach the equivalent.

Autoscan:
Hopefully should find the channel itself. It works in Spain but I'm curious
to know if it tunes also in other countries, maybe not if the frequencies
are so far from the standard channel table. In that case maybe we should
implement more choices for scanning frequencies. Now I'm just waiting for
feedbak, too many todo's ;)

Note: ccing to the dev list, this kind of questions could be helpful to
others who want to try this.

Thanks for your interest!