[mythtv] DVB PID DB field

Wed Jul 30 17:56:44 EDT 2003

> We could have made a extra table in the db where users could map Program
> Number (!chanid) to PIDS themself, if it's not there we do it automagically?

There may be some use for that as well in mapping channels to xmltv channel names (or whatever tv guide the user happens to be using)?

Of course many DVB users will be able to fill their tv guides from the info in the DVB stream (assuming someone writes a parser), however, in the UK DVB-T does not yet have the info broadcast (correctly) and so an xmltv feed is still required...