[mythtv] Can't delete with CVS

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jul 30 00:52:05 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 10:58 pm, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 18:38, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Anyway you can add some debugging and see what it's doing when it's
> > starting up?  I've not seen/heard of that before..
> >
> > Isaac
>
> Sure, any suggestions on where/what to print out?
>
> Also, I'm rebuilding for debugging right now & hope to get a backtrace.
> Seeking has become absolutely intolerable.  I doesn't seem to help if I
> turn off the new 'reposition after seek' option (well, that's not really
> true... with the new option enabled, it's virtually impossible to seek...
> exiting FF puts me back where I started from, or earlier!).  Seeking is
> very slow, and quite often if I try to seek forward, unless I go to 8x or
> 16x, it actually goes *backward*.  On some recordings, it actually hangs
> mythfrontend, and sometimes even hangs X.  This seems to have crept in
> sometime between 7/21 and 7/28 (I upgrade to CVS every Monday).  I have a
> recording now that hangs things, so I'll try to get a backtrace.  No errors
> in either the frontend or backend logs.

The seeking issues _sound_ like it's having problems reading in the seektable
-- couple debug statements in nuppeldecoder.cpp's OpenFile() function should
be able to confirm that.  As for taking a long time, I'd start with some
couts or whatnot in OpenFile() as well, and just see what's taking so long to
startup.

Isaac