[mythtv] Re: Yet more on Teletext

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 14:28:51 EDT 2003

Martin Moeller said:
> I think I know why TV Avisen was crunched and Hit med Sangen was okay.
> It seems the font size is calculated based on the recorded resolution of
> the program.
>
> Isn't the OSD/Captioning done *after* the video has been scaled to fit
> the TV/Monitor and if so, why use the videos resolution in stead of the
> TV/Monitor's?
>
> It captioning is actually done before the scaling then shouldn't the
> text be more pixelated and not just smaller?
>
> Have anyone experienced similar scenarios recording at different
> resolutions with closed captioning?
I have experienced a similar condition with closed captioning.  However,
in my situation the shows were recording with the same recording profile.
It hasn't been a fluke, the same shows seem to be consistently large or
small.  This perplexed me some as I have never seen TV's change the size.
I didn't try to look into it very much, just thought it was an oddity and
dismissed it.  I'm sure someone out there could fill both of us in a bit
better as to what is happening.

Incidentally, I have enjoyed your frequent status updates :-)

Michael