[mythtv] FF/Rew Repositioning

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Sat Jul 26 10:39:53 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:23:49 -0400 spake Isaac of:

> On Thursday 24 July 2003 06:34 pm, David Engel wrote:
> > This patch adds repositioning to allow for reaction time when exiting
> > fast-forward and rewind mode.  The fudge factors may need some
> > tweaking but it works acceptably for me.
>
> Committed to CVS, thanks as always.

I think this is causing FF/Rew to be basically useless for me, at least in
LiveTV mode.

I turned to the baseball game a couple of seconds before the score in the
corner disappeared. I wanted to check the score, of course, so I hit rewind to
get to the beginning of the buffer, say about 5-10 seconds back. When I hit
stop, it jumped up to the end of the buffer. No matter what I did, I could not
get playback to start from the beginning of the buffer. So by the time I gave
up, I was about 1:30 behind. So I fast-forwarded to the end of buffer, which
was in the middle of a commercial. When I hit stop, it jumped back again. I
could not get it to catch up to the end of the buffer, it always jumped back
about 15 seconds. (I was doing FF and Rew at 1x)

I understand that this is probably the expected behaviour with this patch, but
it's really not usable, for me at least. What fudge factors would one set in
order to disable this feature? All zeros?

Just tried, yes. Setting all zeros makes it usable for me again. :)

aaron