[mythtv] MythWeather - erratic updates?

Michael Thomson linux at M-Thomson.net
Wed Jul 23 23:23:17 EDT 2003

Hi folks (and primarily Mr. Danner?)

Has anyone else seen a marked reduction in the ability of MythWeather to
successfully get an update from msnbc from about the 0.9 / 0.10 transition
onwards?

I've waited a while in case this was transient, but I haven't been able to
find a reason in my setup for the failure, so I thought I'd better post.

I'm in Bristol, UK (UKXX0025) and pre-0.9 MythWeather was ultrareliable,
never skipping an update.

Nowadays it fails more often than it succeeds, with a console error of
"Invalid Area or Fatal Error" and an onscreen message about "!!! 3 Failed
Attempts !!! Waiting 5 minutes."

I know *where* this is dying (mythweather.cpp, check for
internetData->checkError() == 10), but is there anything I can do to
determine *why* the communication with msnbc is not working as expected?

Lame I know, but how do I turn on the debug stuff in weathercomms.cpp?

Cheers
Mike