[mythtv] DVB Channel Change Patch.. ..and MythChannels.

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Wed Jul 23 02:15:01 EDT 2003

I'm really happy to see that things are going forward on the recorder.
Just also announce that very shortly I'll release a new mythchannels that
will help a lot in the issue of filling the DVB-s channels:
Major new functionallity for DVB-s (in addition of what was already before)
    -load channels from channels.conf format, including lists and preset
numbers if they are present
    -load channel data from the internet (SatcoDX), including some filters,
such as languages...
    many other things that I'll explain later.
Those parts are already running . I'm currently testing it. Still a lot of
work to be done here, however with this DVB-s is getting really usable and
simple to setup.
With a few help for testing, that could be easily extended to DVB-T and
DVB-C

This thing has already about 4,000 lines of code, thus more developments
have to follow (complete digital TV has *SO MANY* options).  But since gets
usable, and will help a lot to the newcomers, I think that's why should join
the CVS soon.  Id someone has a problem with this _please_let_me_know_, I
don't want to waste what I've doing in my spare time for many weeks. I'll
try also to maintain it.
To my opinion, with this, gets even easier than current way for Analog TV:
If you are already a VDR user, you'll be able to just import your current
channel configuration as is, if you just bought the card, just grab channel
data using your internet connection without having to figure out how to get
a working channels.conf for you.....
In the meantime, if someone wants to get a previews, I've updated my page
for MythChannels.

Take a look here (the DVB stuff are the very last snapshots):
http://www.elserrat.com/MythTV/MythChannels/index.html
By now images are self explanatory, although I'll add some comments also.

(constructive) comments wellcome, also help to extend it to c/s... etc
Ramon.

Note: The older MythChannels is not longer available there. I've seen that
there was still people downloading it...