[mythtv] Has anyone figured out a way to change channels to an external box (like DirectTV) and get directtv listings in the program guide?

Toby Koenig toby at tobykoenig.com
Tue Jul 22 11:47:43 EDT 2003

This is development related as well as user related so posted in both
groups.

Has anyone figured out a way to change channels to an external box (like
DirectTV) possible using a serial interface or infared, and get directtv
listings in the program guide?  I would really like to use DirectTv with
it, but will concede to use cable service if necessary.  Tivo does this
but don't know if its possible to do through the MythTV.  I am currently
building the box (waiting on vid card) so am a bit of a newbie but
didn't see anything listed in documentation on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toby