[mythtv] DVB (Multiple DVB-T Tuners)

Ian J. White ijwhite at totalise.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 19:01:56 EDT 2003

All,

Firstly well done to all those who contributed to the DVB-T code - keep
up the good work.

Does myth support two DVB tuners as I have one working successfully, but
the second seems not to tune correctly. All I have done for second tuner
is add an entry to capturecard and cardinput - See end.

The backend tunes up the first card then fails on the tuning the second.
The second card doesn't seem to lock onto the signal. The second card
will lock on to the signal if I tune it manually with dvbstream. So I
can only assume it something to with either myth or the DVB drivers
(pre3).

Thanks in advance for you help,

Ian

+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+-----------
---+----------------+----------+--------+----------+
| cardid | videodevice | audiodevice | vbidevice | cardtype |
defaultinput | audioratelimit | hostname | use_ts | dvb_type |
+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+-----------
---+----------------+----------+--------+----------+
|      1 | 0           | NULL        | NULL      | DVB      |
|           NULL | myth.tv  |      0 | T        |
+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+-----------
---+----------------+----------+--------+----------+
|      2 | 1           | NULL        | NULL      | DVB      |
|           NULL | myth.tv  |      0 | T        |
+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+-----------
---+----------------+----------+--------+----------+

| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname | externalcommand |
preference | shareable | tunechan | startchan |
|           1 |      1 |        1 |           | NULL            |
NULL | N         | 1        | 1         |
|           2 |      2 |        1 |           | NULL            |
NULL | N         | 2        | 2         |