[mythtv] new mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 22 00:26:58 EDT 2003

> Also, the program popups don't work at _all_.  They're getting stuck on
> constantly, they don't show up if browser is scrolled down a little, etc.

ok, the position issue is fixed.  Dunno what to say about the "stuck on"
part.  It's just plain old onmouseover/onmouseout stuff.  I've added
some checking into this to make SURE that only one popup is shown at a
time, but that's the best I know how to do.

> The listings page seems to take a lot longer to load than the old version --
> several seconds difference, granted, it's displaying more data, but still...

ok, mouseovers are off by default.  Though I looked at page size on my
machine.  It turns out that most of the "load time" is actually the
browser rendering the offscreen elements.

> The recorded section doesn't work with current CVS.  After fixing that..  It'd
> be nice if the default sorting method was newest first, I can't even get it
> to sort like that by clicking on the headers.

I don't have an RPM for cvs at the moment, so it'll take me a bit to
track down a working spec.  And as I said before, sorting does still
need to be addressed.

> I don't really like the scheduled recordings page.  Seems less functional than
> the current mythweb one -- can't see what the type of recording a program is,
> no way to delete the scheduled recording.  What you have now works for a fix
> conflicts screen, but not for a list of scheduled recordings, I'd think.

question...  At the moment, I'm grabbing this info from the database.
But this gets cumbersome as more and more recording types are added.  Is
there a field in the data returned from the backend that will give me
the recording type?

I've also taken some time to get some better default colors.  There is
probably still a bit of work that needs done on this, but at least
they're tolerable now.  There's also a legend if you mouseover the word
"mythtv" in the command bar under the big logo.

-Chris