[mythtv] Flash GUIs

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Mon Jul 21 15:24:26 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards said:
> On Monday 21 July 2003 04:43 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
>> Well, with a visual environment, like Myth, looks mean A LOT!  Just
>> look at the new Visor theme.  It LOOKS so nice that Issac is thinking
>> of making it the default.  Many people will make snap decisions based
>> only on looks (not that that's smart).  Anyway, looks ARE important
>> with a project that is mainly visual.  And being able to have animated
>> BGs, icons, etc. can make a big difference--it can add a nice touch.
>> And yes, they are fun...and isn't that what this is all about ;)
>
> I'm just worried 'bout speed.  Blending moving buttons onto a static
> background or static buttons onto a moving background is going to eat up
> cpu  time..

Hey, that's why I got a P4-2.4Ghz cpu! ;)
Seriously, though, the MPNG stuff would only be accessed via the frontend
and the only place where cpu time would be critical would be during the
alternate guide.  The rest of the time, the user will be in the menu and
not watching anything.  I'm guessing that CPU usage is fairly light during
these times.  But, I haven't dug into the code much so I'm probably off
base :o

Jeremy