[mythtv] Flash GUIs

Michael Hill mikehillny at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 09:45:40 EDT 2003

I was thinking the other day how mice it would be if we could have the flash
.swf option for the gui items [such as the background images], so I did some
research nad found this:

http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash/

I have not coded c++ in 3 years, and never QT, but I am willing to learn and
submit patch(es), as I would love to see my mythTV items moving -- and I am
worried about burn-in on my plasma display.  Also, it would be an easy way to
add in sounds and animation as soo many people know how to make flash swf files
now for web devel.

So my question is three fold:
1) What are some good QT sites / docs, or good advice on getting started.
Maybe just some good example simple QT source.
2) Which files should I start looking at to hack in my flash files to play
where the jpg or png files are shown for the background [specified in the
theme], I was thinking if it sees 'swf' for the extension, it calls a seperate
display routine.  It would need an additional setting in the theme xml to ,
that might wait for the swf to finish before.
3) How hard do you guys guess this will be overall to implement. Should I
devote months, or just a few weeks?  In answering this, consider I have a
degree in CS and have been programming actionscript and perl for the past 5
years doing client-server 'apps'.  I have done smoe directX programming in
visual C++ 4 years ago, but am new to programming in linux, other than shell
scripting and perl.

-mike