[mythtv] Latest CVS LiveTV->Recording problems

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Fri Jul 18 15:31:43 EDT 2003

avalanche at beyondmonkey.com wrote:

>What's happening is your player is timing out and it keeps restarting the
>playback from the beginning. Check your frontend console, you should
>be getting the ">> player timeout" message. It probably will also happen
>if you watch an in progress recording from the watch recordings screen
>(minus the looping). I have that problem too, looks like it's related to the
>Mpeg4 stuff, this won't happen if I use Rtjpeg. It's not cpu load related,
>happens with low res settings too. Strange, that livetv is always rock solid,
>only happens on watching in progress recordings. Maybe Isaac has an idea
>why it's happening, it times out when the tv class checks if the nvp is still
>playing.

FYI, it does seem linked to the latest changes to CVS, though.  I've
occasionally seen MythTV think an in progress recording has ended even
though it hasn't, but not in quite a while, and I tend to update from
cvs at least once a week or so.  It does it absolutely every time,
starting immediately with current cvs.  That being said, I'll try your
patch and other tweaks and see how it goes.

Mike