[mythtv] patch for mythVideo to use already scanned coverfile

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 15:41:07 EDT 2003

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 08:24:27PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Would it be better to just look for <name>.[image extension] in the same
> > directory as the movie itself?  Also, probably not best to just assume
> > everything's going to have a 3 character extension when generating the
cover
> > name.
>
> Yup -- that also makes it nicer for those using NFS to export their movie
> directory.  Any recommendations on what "[.image extension]" should be?
> Should it be anything but ".avi"?
>
> ...dave

Well I have avi's, mpg's, mpeg's, divx's, bin's, cue's, in my movies
directory
Couldn't you just have a field in the settings table where you store valid
extensions, so users could add anything.
so something like name=videopics value='gif,jpg,png' and anything with an
extension matching this setting was selected?