[mythtv] New Program Listing Screen

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Mon Jul 14 14:38:46 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 12:56:18PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Only thing I don't like is that there's no indication of how to get to this
> new screen from anywhere..  Any ideas on that?

Yes, a few.

For the Program Finder screen, I really see this changing to remove
the overlapping functionality.  I see the column with the data/time
getting dropped in favor of the new screen which would be selected
with enter/space from the program title column.  I then see a new
column being added before the alphabet column to filter on program
category.

For the Program Guide and Resolve Conflicts screens, some themes
include a legend at the bottom.  The new key binding could be listed
there.  Alternatively, a button to access the new screen could be
added to the standard and advanced options dialog.

Aside, is the doingSel/allowKeys stuff still needed?  I'm guessing
it's a relic from the days when each screen had it's own window.
Also, with this new screen, there are now 4 dialogs with the same
basic layout (Program Lister, Rank Programs, Rank Channels and Resolve
Conflicts).  Would there be any objection to introducing a new
MythListInfoDialog class to contain the common functionality?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:53:13AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> page of information. To this end, I'd like to see this page
> available from the "Set Program Rankings" page also. In fact,
> for me this is the page where I'd most like to see the upcoming
> showings.

It can be easily added.  I just didn't see as being as necessary
there.

> For consistency sake, it would be nice to add the "i" in
> addition to Enter to bring up the recording options page.

No problem.

> I was going to suggest a key other than "5" and use something
> that most people with remotes would have mapped but have no
> meaning in these contexts. "P" for pause or "Z" for commercial
> skip came to mind.

I've actually done something like this for my own copy.  I've chosen a
couple of keys on my remote near the directional control to act as
secondary and tertiary "actions" and changed the code to use those
keys.

> However, this becomes weird, magic overloading
> but everybody has a "5", it doesn't conflict and it is grouped
> with the magic 4 and 6 in the EPG. Like so many other keys, we

That's why I chose "5".

Great.  I'm glad you like it.

David
--