[mythtv] Re: Backend segfault backtrace, ??ERY_RECORDER

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Sun Jul 13 11:14:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

fyi, this seems to happen mainly/only on SMP machines or on a P4 with
hyperthreading, but i'm not a programmer. I started debugging this with
Isaac's help.

Isaac, just fyi, i added cerr's in the setup section of
ProcessRequestThread and also next to the line 'if (dostuff)' in the run
section. Now, when watching live TV i only see debugging output from
ReadStringLinst and ProcessRequestThread. I think the corruption happens
when a new ProcessRequest thread is starting, b/c about 3 iterations
before a crash i see debugging output from the setup section of
ProcessRequestThread. As it's early in the morning, this may sound a bit
confused. I'm off to Linuxtag now, but we can talk about it later.

   Bye, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson